First week at Lola Loves

Wednesday 29 April 2015

"Lola loves started out in 2007 selling ready to wear and bespoke garments from a small studio space in the city centre. It quickly gained a host of devotees from many of Liverpool's most stylish and fast became one of the most sought after brands in the city.
the ready to wear collections pose elegance with edge and have a certain style that compliments the female silhouette. Think semi sheer floor sweeping dresses, skater style dresses and structured collars, ruffles and frills, with attention to detail being paramount. Glamour with a little edge is the look, all with unique flair. Perfect for individuals who like to stand out from the crowd."


So this is my first proper week starting at Lola Loves in Liverpool and I've been really enjoying it, so its been a while since I've had chance to do a post as i haven't been doing much other than working in Abakhan until i found a new placement. I'm really looking forward to the next three months or so as I am in a really good place in myself at the moment and I can't wait to get back to learning new skills.

I went a couple of weeks back to meet Debbie and to work in the studio and i can tell i will learn alot,  She's really helpful and got so much knowledge, It's going to be really hands on which I love.

It's also great to be back on an industrial machine and not a domestic one that plays up, so it will be good practise for fourth year!


So in my first couple of days I've been sewing and finishing off garments that will either be sold in Topshop Liverpool or online.

Firstly I started off with these paisley gypsy tops that are so on trend for the boho 70's vibe this summer, so i was sewing the seams and then finishing off with the elastic and the cord bow, and they were posted on instagram - Lolalovesboutique

The other post is of a customer wearing the cattie tassel top that i have been working on by applique sequin flowers on. Then they just need the fringing to be attached, they are so nice and pretty much completely backless which is perfect for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts